It's taken a year of research, testing, and introspection both about what do I really want to do with the next part of my life and what's needed in the marketplace. Now everything's finally gelled; and, I've realized that yes I do want to build another substantial online b2b publishing business in the niche paid content realm. (No, it won't copy or directly compete with MarketingSherpa - that would be dishonorable and boring, both qualities I abhor.)
In the past, my biggest mistake was being the only truly senior-level person at my last company for too long. This time I want to launch with an experienced partner at my side. Now, I have to find him or her. It's far tougher than a regular hire (not that hires are ever easy) because they'll be part-owner of the company, hand to my glove/glove to my hand.... I don't have a family member, personal friend, or former co-worker who fits the bill, so I'm looking outside my immediate circle. Perhaps you can help me find someone?
The perfect partner to co-found my new business would be:
- An entrepreneur who has been on the leadership team, building a company from the ground up in the immediate past, with more than enough fire in the belly to do it again. A software, SaaS, or any type of media or publishing company would be best.
- Detail-oriented project and people manager with either a technology or financial ops background, or both! Strong, quick-thinking analytical mind a must.
- Ready, willing and able to put their own skin in the game (ie, invest in the start-up), and strongly prefers to bootstrap and focus on growing a strong company rather than romancing outside investors.
- Experienced at M&As (yes, I do plan to buy some sites for this new company, as well as launching some new ones.) Possibly an MBA.
- Sensible, honest, grounded, hard-working (roll your sleeves up and get it done), competitive, decent, and really intelligent.
- East Coast if possible, or at least very experienced at working tightly with a virtual teammate and able to travel to meet once a month.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact me via LinkedIn, Facebook or email.